Assistant Director of Permanency & Foster Care Services
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth and families in need of services to promote healthy and productive outcomes related to their emotional, behavioral well-being, social and educational progress. Our service delivery model is to provide quality intervention and prevention services to children, youth, and families through supportive services. JJC is looking for the ideal candidate to be our Assistant Director of Permanency Services.
The Assistant Director of Permanency Services will have the responsibility to drive new and existing initiatives pertaining to the placement and planning of children receiving permanency services and foster care. He/she reports directly to the Director of Permanency Planning and supervises up to four staff members whose responsibilities are inclusive of recruitment & certification of new pre-adoptive homes, certifying kinship and foster homes, compliance of foster/adoptive homes, and writing child and family profiles. The Assistant Director is expected to be flexible within their schedule as many activities pertaining to the position happen outside of a normal 9am to 5pm work day. The prime responsibility is to ensure that everything is done to safeguard the safety, health and welfare of every child receiving permanency services and ensuring placement stability within JJC foster homes. The Assistant Director must be motivated around the work of adoptions and foster care, be enthusiastic, be solution driven, and be adaptable and flexible around the changing roles and duties pertaining to child welfare services. The director will be responsible for implementing recruitment activities and take an active role in expanding service delivery to diverse communities.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or in a related field such as Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, etc. An Accelerated Master’s degree be considered if a bachelor’s degree was obtained prior to the Master’s degree. LSW or LCSW is preferred.
• The use of a car each day, including the possession of current auto insurance and driver’s license.
• The ability and willingness to adjust hours in accord with program responsibility. Some evening and weekend hours are inevitable given recruitment and community events/activities may happen outside of normal working hours/days.
• 5 years working in a supervisory capacity within a child welfare agency directing the activities of different level social work staff in foster care and or adoptions.
• Knowledge of City and State foster and Adoptions regulations. (PA Chapter 3700, 3680)
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.
JJC offers salary commensurable with experience. Competitive benefits and comprehensive benefits: Medical/Prescription Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision Insurance/Voluntary Life Insurance/Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability/Paid Vacation/Paid Sick Time/Holidays/ 401(k) Retirement Plan
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com. No telephone calls please