Assistant Executive Director
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of disadvantaged children, youth and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive services, to prevent children and youth from being placed in care, and also to ready families for reunion with their children. JJC has an Assistant Executive Director opening in our Coulter Street office.
The Assistant Executive Director is an integral part of the administrative team, comprised of the Executive Director, and other members of JJC’s senior and administrative leadership team. The Assistant Executive Director has responsibility to manage and oversee specific programs that deliver services to children, youth and families involved with the Department of Human Services, Community Behavioral Health, and Community Umbrella Agencies. The AED will directly supervise members of specific departments focusing on training and development, goal setting, and improving the programs service delivery. He/she will make recommendations to strengthen each programs service delivery, paying particular attention to adherence of City and State regulations, data collection, training and development, and programming for youth.
The Assistant Executive Director will also deputize for the Executive Director and will be responsible for budget planning, fundraising, program development, community outreach, and aligning the agency with community partners to grow and strengthen JJC’s mission and vision. The AED will design new training curriculum that is trauma informed and provide direct training to all levels of staff to ensure compliance with City, State, and agency regulations. In addition, the AED will be directly responsible for implementing an agency wide Social Work internship program for college students majoring in Social Work. The AED will be responsible for ensuring that JJC programs are managed and funded according to allocations and that the programs are fiscally compliant and do not run at a deficit. He/she reports directly to the Executive Director and works in collaboration with all elevated and senior level program directors.
As this is an executive level position, the AED is expected to work a very flexible schedule and be available at all times to handle emergency situations. The Assistant Executive Director will also carry a 24 hour/7 days a week cell phone and is expected to respond to crisis and problems brought to his/her attention. The prime responsibility is to ensure that everything is done to safeguard the safety, health and welfare of every child/youth as well as ensuring that the programs are managed in a fiscally sound manner and service delivery outcomes are met.
• Master’s in Social Work; LSW or LCSW preferred
• The use of a car each day, including the possession of current auto insurance and driver’s license.
• The ability and willingness to adjust hours in accord with program responsibility. Some evening hours are inevitable. Some weekend hours are
inevitable given agency events happens on Saturdays.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience working as an administrator within a multi-faceted non-profit whose mission is to improve outcomes for children and youth.
• Minimum of ten years of experience working as a senior administrator with specific experience in training and development of staff and program management.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience supervising more than ten employees at one time.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience working within a behavioral health system, juvenile justice, and child welfare system providing direct service to children, youth, and families.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in developing strategic plans, fundraising, grant writing, consulting, professional development, training, and program start-ups.
• Demonstrated and verifiable experience in managing budgets between $3M and 6M and a success record showing that the programs managed had positive and successful growth rates.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in cultivating relationships with various community stakeholders to enhance the lives of underserved or underrepresented communities.
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.
JJC offers salary compensable with experience. Competitive benefits and comprehensive benefits: Medical/Prescription Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision Insurance/Voluntary Life Insurance/Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability/Vacation/Paid Sick Time/Holidays/ 401(k) Retirement Plan
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please
Applications will be accepted until position is officially filled.