Case Manager Intensive Prevention Services
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth and families vulnerable to involvement with the child-welfare or juvenile justice services.
JJC has a Case Manager opening at our Germantown site located at 5538 Wayne Avenue, Phila., Pa 19144 and our new Southwest site at 5407 Grays Avenue, Phila. Pa 19143.
*When applying for the position, and you have a site preference, please indicate the site that you are applying for.
The Case Manager is an integral team member of the Intensive Prevention Services Program (IPS). The IPS Case Manager will assist at-risk youth in achieving socially and academically through intensive comprehensive programming; and prevent entry or re-entry into the Child Welfare and or juvenile justice system. The Intensive Prevention Services (IPS) program will provide a comprehensive, intensive early intervention services for youth exhibiting high or at-risk behaviors. The programming builds upon youths’ resiliency and sense of self-worth for positive outcomes and redirection. Case Managers hours are from 11am to 7pm due to programming in the afternoon, primarily during the school year.
Salary: $35,000.00 to $38,000.00
- A bachelor’s degree in human services, preferably social work (BSW) or counseling, plus two years’ experience in family-based social work.
- An annual physical form verifying that the employee is “free from contagion”.
- Act 168, FBI, child abuse and PA criminal Clearances within 60 days of hire.
- A proven and demonstrated ability and experience in working with within a team based setting and group settings.
- Understanding of educational, child welfare, and judicial systems and the knowledge, skills, and ability to navigate these systems successfully.
- Ability to use a computer to send and receive written correspondence.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals.
- Ability to lead and co-facilitate focus group sessions.
Competitive benefits and comprehensive benefits: Medical/Prescription Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision Insurance/Life Insurance/Short and Long Term Disability/Vacation/Paid Sick Time/Holidays/ 401(k) Retirement Plan
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.