Home-Based Detention Services
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive intervention and prevention services. JJC has a In-Home Detention Services (HBDS) Case Worker opening in our Coulter Street office.
The IHD Case Worker /Youth Advocate is an integral team member of the Home-based Detention Services (HBDS) department. The HBDS worker provides casework and supervision to clients who are awaiting adjudication or has been adjudicated delinquent. The caseworker meets the objectives of providing sufficient supervision to ensure the youth’s appearance in court, remain arrest-free, observe curfews, and school and/ or work attendance is adhered to. The case worker will provide 22.5 direct service hours to their assigned youth over a 7 day period. Case Workers/Youth Advocates can have up to five youth on their caseload and is able to provide group activities to ensure direct service hours are met within the seven day period. Case Workers work primarily in the afternoons, early evenings, and weekends.
- High School diploma. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Six months of experience and knowledge in the principles, practices, procedures, and applications of juvenile detention and counseling methods and techniques.
- Self Motivated individual that wants to work and help youth, who need, but may be resistant to receive your assistance.
- Good writing skills and the ability to document, and act on necessary information.
- An awareness of the City of Philadelphia as far as driving directions and resources
- The use of a car each day, including the possession of current auto insurance and valid driver’s license.
- The ability and willingness to adjust hours in accord with job responsibility. evening and weekend hours are inevitable.
- Working cell phone.
Salary: $15.50 to $18.00 an hour depending upon experience and education)
Paid sick time
Voluntary Disability Benefits
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.