Home-Based Detention Services
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of disadvantaged children, youth and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive services, to prevent children and youth from being placed in care, and also to ready families for reunification with their children. JJC has a Home-Based Detention Services (HBDS) Case Worker opening in our Coulter Street office(s).
The HBDS Case Worker is an integral team member of the Home-based Detention Services (HBDS) department. The HBDS Caseworker provides casework and supervision to clients and families in the In-Home Detention component of the HBDS Program. The caseworker meets the objectives of providing sufficient supervision to ensure the youth’s appearance in court, remain arrest-free, observe curfews, and school and/ or work attendance is adhered to.
- Candidate must have a High School diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred insured automobile and a positive attitude.
- Six months of experience and knowledge in the principles, practices, procedures, and applications of juvenile detention and counseling methods and techniques.
- Self Motivated individual that wants to work and help at-risk youth, who need, but may be resistant to receive your assistance.
- Good writing skills and the ability to document, and act on necessary information.
- An awareness of the city of Philadelphia as far as driving directions and resources
- The use of a car each day, including the possession of current auto insurance and valid driver’s license.
- The ability and willingness to adjust hours in accord with job responsibility. evening and weekend hours are inevitable.
- Working cell phone.
The position is Fee-For-Service and cases are allocated on an as needed basis. Cases are not guaranteed and the position is a contracted position. Organization benefits do not apply.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.