Community Evening Resource Center
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth, and families in need of services to promote healthy and productive outcomes related to their emotional, and behavioral well-being, and social and educational progress. Our service delivery model is to provide quality intervention and prevention services to children, youth, and families through supportive services.
JJC is looking for the ideal Community Engagement Liaison candidate for our Community Evening Resource Center (CERC) for youth who are looking to engage in recreational and educational activities in the evening and who have come to the attention of the Philadelphia Police after a curfew violation. The CERC is expected to provide well-supervised group activities during high-risk periods. Additionally, youth are exposed to structured activities that promote positive youth development with an emphasis on family engagement, conflict resolution, violence prevention, mentoring/coaching, and service linkages. This position is primarily located at 5538 Wayne Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144 with office accommodation at 100 West Coulter Street (Germantown section of Philadelphia).
The Community Evening Resource Center (CERC) Community Engagement Liaison is as an integral member of the CERC team. The CERC Community Engagement Liaison’s key role is to engage in program activities and promote the CERC program in 14th, 35th, and 39th police districts. The Liaison will be responsible for creating all flyers, publications, newsletters, calendar of events, and donation letters. They will also plan and execute outreach events with local schools, police districts, and community stakeholders. He/she/they will plan community events, assist with programming, help recruit children and youth, plan focus groups, connect with these districts City Council and State Legislator’s offices, and be an ambassador for JJC’s CERC and other programs. He/she/they will be required to attend monthly community meetings at local police districts, neighborhood town watch meetings, back-to-school events, and attend resource events located within the community. This position will be responsible for all social media postings and share public relation duties with the director as it relates to promoting the CERC and other JJC program activities.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Communications or demonstrated experience working on behalf of an organization in a similar role/function.
- Public speaking experience
- Excellent professional writing and communication skills
- Ability to create flyers, newsletter, brochures, and other publications
- Ability to be innovative, creative, and think out of the box
- Ability to research and connect with local resources
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and with youth
- Knowledge of the Northwest Philadelphia and surrounding communities
- A friendly and positive demeanor with a passion for helping people
- Act 168, FBI, PA child abuse, and PA criminal Clearances
- A proven and demonstrated ability and experience in working within a team-based setting and group settings.
- Understanding of educational, child welfare, and judicial systems and the knowledge, skills, and ability to navigate these systems successfully.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- An annual physical form verifying that the employee is “free from contagion”.
Hours of Work
The position is a 40-hour work week with much-needed flexibility to attend community meetings and community events. Primary hours are weekdays and evenings and can range from 12pm to 8pm; 1pm to 9pm, 2pm to 10pm. Weekly schedule will be Tuesday through Saturday, days off being Sunday and Monday. Hours will vary depending on speaking engagements, event planning, and other duties. There will be evening hours for the Community Engagement Liaison to observe, support, and facilitate activities at the CERC. Some duties and workdays can be done remotely.
- Compensation: $48,000.00 to $55,000.00 (contingent upon experience)
- Benefits: In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, JJC offers the following benefits for full-time employees:
Employer paid medical/prescription insurance
Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability
Paid Vacation/Paid Sick /Paid Personal Days
401(k) Retirement Plan
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to email@example.com
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all its services. JJC does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors in any of its activities or operations.