The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth, and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive services, to prevent children and youth from being placed in care, and to ready families for reunion with their children.
The Director of Foster Care & Kinship Services is an ideal position for an individual who has demonstrated experience and a passion for helping children and youth placed into foster or kinship care. The ideal candidate will be devoted to ensuring that the children and youth needs are met. The ideal candidate will be trauma informed, compassionate, empathetic, solution oriented, and strength based. This position is located in Philadelphia, specifically, the Germantown section in our administrative office located at 100 West Coulter Street, Philadelphia, Pa 19144.
The Director of Foster Care Services is an integral part of the administrative team, comprised of the Executive Director and the other Program Directors. He/she/They reports directly to the Director of Permanency Services to coordinate and monitor placements. As this is a senior position within the agency, the Program Director is expected to work a flexible schedule and be always available to handle emergency and on-call situations. The program director also carries 24 hour/7 days a week cell phone and is expected to respond to crisis and problems brought to his/her/their attention, unless the responsibility to do so is switched to another Program Director, with executive permission.
The prime responsibility is to ensure that everything is done to safeguard the safety, health, and welfare of every child/youth in JJC Resource and Kinship homes. Equally important to safeguarding the safety of children, the Director will take an active role in interviewing and evaluating perspective resource parents, coaching, and guiding resource parents, and ensuring that JJC resource and kinship parents have the knowledge, skills, and ability they need to provide a nurturing, safe, and healthy environment to the young people entrusted to them.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related social service field.
- 3-5 years’ experience working within a Foster/Kinship care programs
- 5 years working in a supervisory capacity within a child welfare agency directing the activities of different level social work staff.
- The ability and willingness to adjust hours in accord with program responsibility.
- Availability to conduct orientation and training sessions in the evenings and some weekends. (Usually, one to two evenings a month)
- Some weekend hours are inevitable given recruitment activities for resource parents occurs on Saturdays at community events.
- Knowledge of City and State Foster regulations. (PA Chapter 3700)
- The use of a car each day, including the possession of current auto insurance and driver’s license
JJC offers the following comprehensive benefits:
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, JJC offers the following:
Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability
Paid Vacation/Paid Sick /Paid Personal Days
401(k) Retirement Plan
Salary: $53,000.00 to $60,000.00 depending on experience
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all its services. JJC does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. in any of its activities or operations.