Engagement Specialist (Temporary Position)
Behavioral Health Department
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of disadvantaged children, youth and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive services, to prevent children and youth from being placed in care, and also to ready families for reunification with their children. JJC has an Engagement Specialist opening in the Behavioral Health department at our Coulter Street office.
The Engagement Specialist is responsible for an array of case management and coordination tasks within the Behavioral Health department. The Engagement Specialist will specifically work with the BHRS program in maintaining contact with families and team members, managing electronic and original documents and coordinating necessary action tasks for individuals and families. The Engagement Specialist will perform these tasks under structured guidelines and within specific time frames. Tracking documentation, service delivery and assisting with overall program administrative functioning will also be part of the Engagement Specialist’s duties. This position is temporary, not to exceed 60 days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the members of Behavior Health to ensure authorizations from CBH and service delivery are occurring in a consistent manner.
- Gather and submit all materials needed for evaluation and packets for authorization.
- Maintains communication with families, team members and outside agencies to coordinate service delivery and to answer any questions/concerns.
- Coordinates interagency team meetings, school meetings and other means of collaboration.
- Performs administrative tasks such as data entry/updates, scanning, saving within the computer system, completing template forms/letters, sorting/filing documentation, making copies, gathering information for insurance purposes, authorization or summer camp grant packets, etc.
- Provides up to 10 hours of direct services to children as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field.
- Experience related to behavioral health services and working with children strongly preferred, including knowledge of mental health problems and systems, managed care payors and community resources.
- The ability and willingness to adjust work hours in accordance with the needs of the Behavioral Health department.
- Knowledge of computer systems and common applications – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, telephone and in-person dialogue.
- Dependability and flexibility, as well as good organizational and problem solving skills are essential.
- Valid Child Abuse (Act 33), Criminal History, and FBI clearances
- Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-services
Please submit cover letter and resume with availability and salary requirement to JJC Human Resources department at email@example.com : No phone calls please.
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.