The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth and families in need of services to promote healthy and productive outcomes related to their emotional, behavioral well-being, social and educational progress. Our service delivery model is to provide quality intervention and prevention services to children, youth, and families through supportive services.
JJC is looking for the ideal Foster Care Supervisor candidate for our general and specialized behavioral health/therapeutic foster care (SBH/TFC) program. This position is located at 100 West Coulter Street, Philadelphia, PA 19144 (Germantown section of Philadelphia).
The Foster Care Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of the intake and placement of children in JJC resource homes and the on-going retention of resource families and children in general and therapeutic foster care placements. The Foster Care Supervisor will also be responsible for supervising staff while they recruit, train and certify new general and therapeutic level foster homes. Lastly, the Foster Care Supervisor will supervise the on-call/after-hours worker and Resource Parent Support worker.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience providing services to children, youth, or families in a child-welfare and or behavioral health setting.
- Experience supervising a diverse group of people
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- The ability and willingness to adjust work hours in accordance with the needs of the General and SBH/TFC program and resource parents’ schedules.
- Knowledge of computer systems and common applications – Microsoft office
- Ability to effectively and professional communicate via email, telephone and in-person dialogue.
- Dependability and flexibility, as well as good organizational and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ability to obtain & maintain valid Child Abuse (Act 33), Criminal History, and FBI clearances.
- Ability to provide a physical form verifying that the employee if free of contagion.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Ability to resolve conflict and work reasonably in high-tension situations.
- The use of an automobile, including the possession of current auto insurance and valid driver’s license on a daily basis.
Hours of Work
Job responsibilities are based on a 40 hour per week, Monday to Friday, and an eight hour day with a sixty minute paid lunch break. Sometimes it will be necessary to begin work duties before 9 am and to extend beyond 5 p.m., or to work some weekend hours. When occasions occur where the exempt employee works over the normal 40 hour work week, flex time within the same pay period is allowed.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, JJC offers a comprehensive benefit package. Eligible employees are offered medical, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays. Employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan, and voluntary life, accident, and disability insurances.
Compensation: $48,000.00 to $50,000.00 (contingent upon experience).
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services. JJC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.