Human Resources Coordinator
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth and families in need of services to promote healthy and productive outcomes related to their emotional, behavioral well-being, social and educational progress. Our service delivery model is to provide quality intervention and prevention services to children, youth, and families through supportive services. JJC is looking for the ideal candidate to fill our HR Coordinator position at our Coulter Street office.
The HR Coordinator provides assistance to the Director of Human Resources in accomplishing the mission, goals and objectives of the human resources department, and the organization. S/he provides support to the Director of Human Resources, as well as, other departments and Program Directors to ensure all recruitment, on-boarding and credentialing requirements are met. The HR Coordinator ensures that the HR department’s processes and procedures flow smoothly, and maintains an open and friendly environment for employees. S/he will ensure all employee documentation is accurately maintained electronically, and in personnel files as required by funding entities. The HRIS must be maintained and updated accurately.
The HR coordinator is the subject matter expert (SME) on HRIS (ADP/WFN) reporting, recruitment, on-boarding, and technical support in Outlook, and administrative processes. The HR Coordinator will be responsible for reconciling monthly benefits invoices, and generating annual, monthly and other HR metrics as necessary. The HR Coordinator plays an active role in the recruitment process, employee relations, and taking an active role in planning employee/agency events.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related degree.
• Minimum of one year of recruitment experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience; experience in an HR and non-profit environment strongly preferred.
• Have knowledge of CBH, DPW and state regulations a plus
• Prior experience working with HRIS databases, performance management systems, LMS and online benefits systems strongly preferred. Knowledge of ADP/WFN a plus.
• Valid Child Abuse (Act 33), Criminal History, and FBI clearances
• Strong understanding of recruiting and benefits functions
• Must have the ability to take initiative and produce deliverables timely
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail and rapid responsiveness to internal and external stakeholders, staff, and clients required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and be able to train others on products
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with compensation data and sensitive HR matters.
• Ability/flexibility to work outside of office hours as needed.
• Excellent writing and verbal/interpersonal skills needed.
JJC offers salary commensurable with experience. Competitive and comprehensive benefits: Medical/Prescription Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision Insurance/ Vacation/Sick Personal/Holidays/ 401(k) Retirement Plan/Voluntary Life Insurance/Short and Long Term Disability.
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 Salary will be determined by experience and educational level.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.