Intensive Prevention Services
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of disadvantaged children, youth and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive services, to prevent children and youth from being placed in care, and also to ready families for reunification with their children. JJC has a Case Manager opening in our Wayne Avenue office.
The Case Manager is an integral team member of the Intensive Prevention Services Program (IPS). The IPS Case Manager will assist at-risk youth in achieving socially and academically through intensive comprehensive programming; and prevent at-risk youths’ entry or re-entry into the Child Welfare system. The Intensive Prevention Services (IPS) program will provide a comprehensive, intensive early intervention services for youth exhibiting high or at-risk behaviors. The programming builds upon youths’ resiliency and sense of self-worth for positive outcomes and redirection. There are no traditional office hours. Case Managers will work primarily in the afternoon and evenings, specifically during the school year and at weekends to provide maximum involvement with the family and the identified clients. There may need to be a need to start early to help a participant get to school. The Case Manager will be placed on an on-call roster and will be responsible for providing emergency assistance to clients assigned in the program 24 hours a day while on duty.
• A bachelor’s degree in human services, preferably social work (BSW) or counseling, plus two years’ experience in family-based social work.
• An annual physical form verifying that the employee is “free from contagion”.
• Act 168, FBI, child abuse and PA criminal Clearances within 60 days of hire.
• A proven and demonstrated ability and experience in working with within a team based setting and group settings.
• Understanding of educational, child welfare, and judicial systems and the knowledge, skills, and ability to navigate these systems successfully.
• Ability to use a computer to send and receive written correspondence.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals.
• Ability to lead and co-facilitate focus group sessions.
JJC offers salary compensable with experience. Competitive benefits and comprehensive benefits: Medical/Prescription Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision Insurance/Life Insurance/Short and Long Term Disability/Vacation/Paid Sick Time/Holidays/ 401(k) Retirement Plan
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.