Part-Time Office Coordinator
Behavioral Health Department
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of disadvantaged children, youth and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive services, to prevent children and youth from being placed in care, and also to ready families for reunification with their children. JJC has a Part-Time Office Coordinator opening in our Coulter Street office.
The Office Coordinator would provide excellent front office customer service to individuals and families of JJC’s Behavior Health Department. The Office Coordinator would assist child psychologist and child psychiatrist in maintaining their schedules and appointments, as well as other needs related to charts, and correspondence, etc. Other main priorities of this position include maintaining client charts (electronic and paper), assisting with referrals, working with insurance companies and pharmacies to meet guidelines and authorizations and general office management. The Office Coordinator will also assist individuals and families with completing paperwork, scheduling appointments, and the referral process, etc. The ideal candidate must be friendly, helpful, optimistic, professional, and efficient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for maintenance of doctors’ office schedules and duties, including scheduling/rescheduling appointments, check in/out processes, assessing availability, communicating the schedules to staff, etc.
- Primary telephone and in-person reception for the BH department. Greeting all callers in a friendly and appropriate manner. Returning calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Ongoing utilization and accurate updating of computer databases/EMR, including data entry, opening/closing of records, generating reports, census tracking. etc.
- Accurately maintaining all records including updated consent packets, tracking any missing documentation, maintenance of blank templates/forms, etc.
- Assist in sorting/filing of BH documents.
- Organization of the filing system for all charts. This includes creating/breaking down charts, organizing discharged files, etc.
- Assist families with consent forms and ensure all consents are up to date.
- Engage and respond to questions and concerns from families regarding the admission and discharge processes.
- Order supplies and track inventory
- Other duties as requested by the Director or designee.
- Associate’s degree in business, medical or human service related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years of administrative experience working preferably in a fast paced behavior/mental health field or medical office environment.
- Excellent organizational, mathematical, communication and detail oriented skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, medical health records, data entry and the ability to learn new software applications as needed.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to type and enter data quickly and accurately.
- Ability to generate, analyze and submit reports using a computer database.
- Ethical and fiscal integrity and accountability
- Ability to multi-task without compromising quality, particularly when managing a variety of duties that may be interrupted or changed by immediate circumstances.
- Valid Child Abuse (Act 33), Criminal History, and FBI clearances
- Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-services
This is a part time position and agency benefits do not apply. JJC offers some voluntary benefits to part-time employees.
Position available as a part-time position requiring between 16-24 hours per week between the hours of 9am and 6pm Tuesday through Thursday. Days and hours are contingent upon the schedules of the doctors and flexibility is needed to adjust hours and days accordingly.
Starting hourly rate: $16.00 an hour depending on education and experience.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume with availability and salary requirements to email@example.com
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services. JJC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.