Part-Time Support Staff
Truancy Intervention & Prevention Services
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of disadvantaged children, youth and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive services, to prevent children and youth from being placed in care, and also to ready families for reunification with their children. JJC has a Part-time Support Staff opening in our Coulter street office.
The Staff Support is an integral part of the TIPS Department. S/he will provide assistance to the department, and its team members primarily with administrative and database duties. The Support Staff will assist the Program Director with accomplishing the tasks of the TIPS program such as developing, updating and maintaining a resource guide for the department, ensuring the CBPS database is continually updated within the required timeframe. S/he also liaises with the Deputy and Executive Directors as needed.
High school diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in one of the following fields: Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Theology preferred. Although this is an entry level position, experience working with inner-city youth is a plus.
• The ability and willingness to adjust work hours in accordance with the needs of the TIPS department.
• Knowledge of computer systems and common applications – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc. CBPS database a plus
• Ability to effectively communicate via email, telephone and in-person dialogue.
• Dependability and flexibility, as well as good organizational and problem solving skills are essential.
• Valid Child Abuse (Act 33), Criminal History, and FBI clearances
• Participation in and completion of all DHS mandatory in-services
• Receiving and accurately updating TIPS referrals from DHS.
• Update all new DHS referrals in CBPS database within 5 days of receipt from Program Director.
• After cases are allocated by Case Manager in Database, monitor updates to ensure DHS Compliance.
• Assist in data inputting to ensure all Database information is updated
• Co-facilitate team meetings.
• Preparing Intake Packets for Case Managers of new clients.
• Maintaining student records in file cabinets in an orderly and professional manner and to assist Case Managers with organizing files.
This is a part-time position up to 20 hours a week. Agency benefits do not apply.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.