Part-time Van Driver
Aftercare Evening Reporting Center
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth and families in need of services to promote healthy and productive outcomes related to their emotional, behavioral well-being, social and educational progress. Our service delivery model is to provide quality intervention and prevention services to children, youth, and families through supportive services.
JJC is looking for the ideal part-time Van Driver/Support Staff candidate for our Aftercare Evening Reporting Center for juvenile justice involved youth. This position is located at 100 West Coulter Street, Philadelphia, PA 19144 (Germantown section of Philadelphia).
The Aftercare Evening Reporting Center (AERC) Van Driver/Support staff is as an integral member of the AERC team. He/she will provide transportation services and support services for the AERC youth at the commencement of programming, as well as to community services events, and other programming activities. The AERC Van Driver will work late evenings from 7:00pm up to 10:00pm during the school year. There will also be times when the Driver will be needed on Saturdays and during the day for special trips. Hours will vary depending on youths’ geographic area. This is a part-time position.
- A current and valid driver’s license, driving record free of any moving violations or points and a driving record that meets JJC insurance company insurability requirements.
- Experience transporting passengers in a twelve to fifteen passenger van.
- Ability to sustain control and high level of safety when operating the vehicle
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- An annual physical form verifying that the employee is “free from contagion”.
- Act 160 PA criminal, child abuse and FBI Clearances.
- The ability and willingness to adjust work hours in accord with program schedule.
- A proven and demonstrated ability and experience in working within a team based setting and group settings.
- Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
Hours of Work:
The Part-time Van Driver will work a minimum of 16 hours a week Monday through Friday between the hours of 7pm & 10pm. He/she needs to have alternative Saturday hours available for transporting youth home after scheduled off and or on-site activity. These hours will vary depending on the activity.
Part-time employees are eligible to participate in our and voluntary life, accident, and disability insurances.
Compensation: $15.00 an hour
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services. JJC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.