Youth Intervention Specialist
Aftercare Evening Reporting Center
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth and families in need of services to promote healthy and productive outcomes related to their emotional, behavioral well-being, social and educational progress. Our service delivery model is to provide quality intervention and prevention services to children, youth, and families through supportive services. JJC is looking for the ideal candidate for Youth Intervention Specialist (YIS) position opening in our Germantown office(s).
The Aftercare Evening Reporting Center (AERC) Youth Intervention Specialist is as an integral member of the AERC team. He/she will provide monitoring and supervision to youth in the AERC program. The AERC program is designed for youth between the ages of 16 and 20 returning from juvenile facilities/institutions and or youth who have had multiple and or habitual contact with the juvenile justice system. The primary function of the Youth Intervention Specialist is to provide additional support to the youth while in the program and to provide assistance to the assigned Mental Health Counselor with program and youth related goals. The Youth Intervention Specialist will facilitate and/or co-facilitate daily recreational and educational activities such as sports, games, musical activities or art events and accompany the youth on outings and special events. The YIS will also oversee youth in community service projects, and encourage and ensure youth participation. The Youth Intervention Specialist will assist the Van Driver with transportation by dropping off youth on the agency van once programming is finished. He/she will interact with youth, their families, and other professionals involved in the youths’ life maintaining close contact and developing a positive rapport during programming. This is a part-time evening position, with alternative Saturday hours.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of 2 years of experience working with at-risk youth and adolescents or related experience.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in one (1) of the following disciplines: Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice, or other Human Service field is preferred and will substitute for 1 year of experience.
- An annual physical form verifying that the employee is “free from contagion”.
- Act 160 PA criminal, Child abuse and FBI Clearances.
- Possess valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- The ability and willingness to adjust hours in accord with job responsibility.
- Ability to provide empathy and understanding to youth with complex needs.
Compensation: $14.00 to $16.00 an hour contingent upon experience. The AERC operates from 4pm to 9pm Monday through Friday and alternative Saturdays and hours will be scheduled according to the programmatic needs of the program. The Youth Intervention Specialist is expected to work up to 24 hours a week.
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org