Truancy Intervention and Prevention Services
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth and families who are vulnerable to involvement with the child welfare and juvenile justice systems. JJC has a Truancy Case Manager opening in our Truancy Intervention and Prevention Services Department located at 100 West Coulter Street Philadelphia, Pa. 19144.
The Case Manager is an integral team member of the Truancy Intervention and Prevention Services (TIPS) department. The TIPS Case Manager will assist children, youth and families in overcoming obstacles to obtaining regular school attendance and academic achievement through intensive comprehensive strengths-based programming; and help to prevent entry into the Child Welfare system. The TIPS program will provide a comprehensive, intensive, early intervention services for children and youth exhibiting high absenteeism and truancy behaviors. The three tiered intervention system is intended to rapidly respond to children and youth who are exhibiting signs of absenteeism and work intensively to eliminate the barriers they are experiencing by bridging the gap between home, school and community. The Truancy Case Manager (TCM) is assigned to specific schools in the Northwest region of Philadelphia, and is responsible for working closely with school officials, DHS administrative personnel, CUA Case Managers, Truancy and Family Court officials. The TCM also collaborates with other Truancy providers when cases are being discharged.
The TCM also serves as a liaison between school and truancy court, and assists the families by providing resources, information, and community linkages to help the families overcome the barriers, and ensures that the needs of children and youth are being met. This is an exempt position and the primary focus will be on tier three children and youth.
- TIPS Case Managers are required to have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in social work or related field with a required two years’ experience that includes case management and child welfare experience working with children & youth, juvenile delinquency, and/or families.
- Salary: $35,000.00 to $38,000.00 (salary will be commensurate with experience)
- Satisfactory clearances PA Criminal, PA Child Abuse and FBI background check not dated more than 60 days prior to hire.
- Free of Contagion Certificate signed by a medical professional no more than 30 days prior to start date.
- COVID-19 Vaccination or verified exemption certificate. All exempted employees will require weekly COVID-19 testing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and the daily use of automobile with current and valid auto insurance. Have a verifiable and satisfactory driving record.
- Adhere to the mandatory 20 hours of annual training during the fiscal year
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.
JJC offers salary compensable with experience. Competitive benefits and comprehensive benefits: Medical/Prescription Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision Insurance/Life Insurance/Short and Long Term Disability/Vacation/Paid Sick Time/Holidays/ 401(k) Retirement Plan
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org