Truancy Intervention and Prevention Services
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of children, youth and families in need of services to promote healthy and productive outcomes related to their emotional, behavioral well-being, social and educational progress. Our service delivery model is to provide quality intervention and prevention services to children, youth, and families through supportive services. JJC has a Case Manager opening for our Truancy Intervention and Prevention Services department in our 100 West Coulter Street, Philadelphia, Pa 19144 (Germantown section of Philadelphia) office.
The Case Manager is an integral team member of the Truancy Intervention and Prevention Services (TIPS) department. The TIPS Case Manager will assist children, youth and families in overcoming obstacles to obtaining regular school attendance and academic achievement through intensive comprehensive strengths-based programming; and help to prevent entry into the Child Welfare system. The TIPS program provides a comprehensive, intensive, early intervention services for children and youth exhibiting high absenteeism and truancy behaviors. The tiered intervention system is intended to rapidly respond to children and youth who are exhibiting signs of absenteeism and work intensively to eliminate the barriers they are experiencing by bridging the gap between home, school and community. The Truancy Case Manager (TCM) is assigned to specific schools in the Northwest region of Philadelphia, and is responsible for working closely with school officials, DHS administrative personnel, CUA Case Managers, Truancy and Family Court officials. The TCM also collaborates with other Truancy providers when cases are being discharged.
The TCM also serves as a liaison between school and truancy court, and assists the families by providing resources, information, and community linkages to help the families overcome the barriers, and ensures that the needs of children and youth are being met.
- TIPS Case Managers are required to have a BA/BS from an accredited college/university with a required two years’ experience in social work or related field that includes case management and child welfare experience working with children & youth, juvenile delinquency, and/or families.
- Satisfactory clearances including FBI background check; PA Criminal and PA Child Abuse.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and the daily use of automobile with current and valid auto insurance. Have a verifiable and satisfactory driving record.
- There are no traditional office hours. Case Managers work primarily in the morning, afternoon and evenings, specifically during the school year and if necessary on some weekends to provide maximum involvement with the family and the identified clients.
- Case Managers will be expected to carry a caseload of between 15 to 35 cases at any given time.
- There may need to be a need to start early to help a participant get to school.
- For the weeks that the Case Manager has court hearings scheduled, hours will be traditional 8:30am to 4:30pm or 9:00am to 5pm. Weekly schedules are developed based upon the caseload needs.
- Adhere to the mandatory 20 hours of annual training during the fiscal year
Compensation: $35,000.00 to $38,000.00 annual salary (based on experience)
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, JJC offers a comprehensive benefit package. Eligible employees are offered medical, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays. Employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan, and voluntary life, accident, and disability insurances. Mileage reimbursement.
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services. JJC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com