The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of disadvantaged children, youth and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive services, to prevent children and youth from being placed in care, and also to ready families for reunion with their children. JJC has a Youth Care Worker position opening at various locations
The Youth Care Worker provides care for the residents of agency operated group homes. The child care worker may work at any residence, but can be assigned to a particular group home due to skill, need, and/or availability. Part time hours are not guaranteed and can vary from week to week. The child care worker is responsible for maintaining order in the house through modeling acceptable, respectful behavior, structure, fairness, well planned and assigned activities, giving attention where and when called for, and the judicial use of non-physical, consistent discipline regarding house rules and behavior.
- Candidate must have a High School diploma, and a positive attitude.
- Self Motivated individual that wants to work and help clientele, who need, but may be resistant to receive your assistance.
- Good writing skills and the ability to document and act on necessary information.
- Valid driver’s license, clear driving record with the ability to be insured by agency insurance company
- The ability and willingness to adjust hours in accord with job responsibility. Evening and weekend hours are inevitable.
Part time and full time hours are available.
JJC offers salaries compensable with experience. for full time employment JJC offers comprehensive benefits that include: Medical/Prescription Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision Insurance/Voluntary Life Insurance/Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability/Vacation/Paid Sick Time/Holidays/ 401(k) Retirement Plan
Please send resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.