Delinquent Group Home Services
The Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia (JJC) is a non-profit, multi-service organization that serves the needs of disadvantaged children, youth and families. Our mission is to maintain families through supportive services, to prevent children and youth from being placed in care, and also to ready families for reunion with their children. JJC has a Youth Care Worker position opening at two of our group homes working with youth who are placed through the Juvenile Justice system.
The Youth Care Worker provides care for the residents of either two agency operated group homes. JJC operates two group homes, one for males and one for females. The youth care worker may be assigned to a particular group home due to skill, need, and/or availability. Both homes offer community based placement for youth involved in the juvenile justice system.
The youth care worker is responsible for maintaining order in the house through modeling acceptable, respectful behavior, structure, fairness, well planned and assigned activities, giving attention where and when called for, and the judicial use of non-physical, consistent discipline regarding house rules and behavior. The youth care workers are expected to prepare meals for the residents, help maintain the cleanliness of the homes, and to help coach and guide the youth in various life skills activities.
The JJC group homes offers a chance for youth to be placed in the least restrictive environment. The youth are placed with JJC for various reasons and we are entrusted to provide quality care that is trauma informed and sensitive to their individualistic needs. The ultimate goal for the youth is to be successfully discharged from the JJC group home in order to return to their family or achieve independence.
- Candidate must have a High School diploma. (Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Satisfactory FBI, PA Child Abuse, and PA Criminal History Clearances
- 1-2 years’ experience working with youth, preferably youth involved with the juvenile justice system.
- Positive attitude and outlook toward youth in the juvenile justice system.
- Self-motivated individual that wants to work and help clientele, who need, but may be resistant to receive guidance and or assistance.
- Good writing skills
- Ability to document, communicate, and act on necessary information.
- Ability to use a computer and complete basic reports. Must be able to utilize e-mail, and Microsoft word programs.
- Valid driver’s license, clear driving record with the ability to be insured by agency insurance company
- The ability and willingness to adjust hours in accord with job responsibility. Evening and weekend hours are inevitable. Shifts range from 8am to 4pm; 4pm to 12am, and 12am to 8pm.
JJC offers salary commensurable with experience. Competitive benefits and comprehensive benefits for full time employees: Medical/Prescription Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision Insurance/Voluntary Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability /Vacation/Paid Sick Time/Holidays/ 401(k) Retirement Plan
Salary Range: $12.50 to $14.00 per hour depending on educational level and experience.
Part-time & Full-time positions are available for all shifts
Please send resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
JJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, embracing diversity and inclusion in all of its services.